Monday, May 9, 2011

A Recap of My Gallery Visit

When the time had arrived several months ago and I decided to select an art class for this semester's requirement, I did not enter the topic totally naive and unprepared. I did, in fact, have a working knowledge of basic artistic principles. I had ventured forth with my own expressions on canvas often times in the past. I had developed a mental list of my favorite painters and even a few artists which I did not particularly admire. All in all, I was in no way an expert nor will I be one at the conclusion of my week ten lesson, but I knew what types of paintings appealed to my human sensations. The art class had however, generously provided me with the proper tools so that I could now describe my feelings in an artistic manner.

John Kennedy
Zachary Taylor
Amedeo Modigliani
Bob Dylan
Auguste Rodin

No comments:

Post a Comment